HEALTH & SAFETY UPDATE
Following the global travel restrictions, we are now delighted to welcome guests back to Rasdhoo Stay
When you choose to stay with us, we welcome you with a firm commitment that your health, safety, and wellbeing is our utmost priority. Though some experiences may be slightly different during this period,
Available for your enjoyment, with heightened health and safety protocols:
Our restaurant will be operating according to a schedule.
Excursions activities will be available.
Things to note at the arrival airport terminal of Velana International Airport (VIA)
All arriving passengers must wear masks.
Physical distancing should be ensured.
Hand sanitization should be done at entry to the arrival terminal.
All arriving passengers must undergo thermal screening at the arrival terminal
Tourist visa is granted for all nationalities on arrival to Maldives. As such, a foreigner travelling to Maldives as a tourist does not require pre-approval for the visa. However, the person must satisfy the basic entry requirements to get immigration clearance upon arrival.
The basic entry requirements are as follows;
A passport or a travel document with Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) with at least 1 months validity.
A pre-paid hotel booking/accommodation.
Sufficient funds to last for the intended period of stay in Maldives.
Confirmed onward/return tickets to home country or to country of residence (not applicable for valid resident permit holders).
Entry facilities to their onward destinations; for example, the visa.
Traveler Health Declaration (THD) must be filled in and submitted by all travelers travelling to and from Maldives, within 48 hours prior to their travel. The form has to be submitted electronically via IMUGA. Please click this link (https://imuga.immigration.gov.mv/ethd/create/) to submit your THD form.
Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable. link (YELLOW-FEVER-COUNTRIES-2.pdf (immigration.gov.mv) to check the Yellow Fever endemic countries.
COVID-19 negative PCR test result, attached while completing Traveler Health Declaration form. The sample for PCR test has to be taken 96 hours prior to departure to Maldives, counting from the first port of embarkation en-route to the Maldives.
NOTE: Vaccination is not compulsory to stay at Resorts and Liveaboards. However, unvaccinated tourists intending to stay at inhabited islands is liable to only consider the places where the vaccination coverage has been completed. to check click the link (COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage Criteria for Permitting Tourist Arrivals – COVID-19 (health.gov.mv)
Enhanced Health & Safety
We have always had a robust and comprehensive sanitation programmed, and this strong foundation allows us to adapt quickly to evolving advice from the World Health Organization and our local health officials. We will continue to monitor their guidelines and adjust our measures, providing you with greater visibility.
• Our team has completed specific COVID-19 Training sessions of health and safety protocols prior to returning to work so they can execute their roles with confidence.
• We have appointed a new COVID-19 dedicated Health, Safety & Hygiene Manager at our guest house who will take full responsibility for implementing our enhanced health and safety programs.
• We have increased our visible hygiene and sanitation measures throughout our guest house, from increased frequency of cleaning, to new cleaning and hygiene standards. This was already in place but will now be more visible for our guests.
• We are pleased to offer to sanitize your luggage on arrival. Each piece will be handled carefully to guarantee safety and cleanliness prior to placing them in your room.
• Sanitizing products are available for you to use throughout your stay.
• With uniquely large footprints, our guest house have always ensured high levels of personal space and privacy. We will continue to maximize the use of our in house lobby and restaurant, to ensure you can relax at a safe distance.
• We have always welcomed our guests with our ‘Hand on Heart’, a personal acknowledgment between guests and colleagues, replacing the handshake.
• Guest house have the necessary equipment in place for temperature checking. Digital infra-red thermometers will be used to measure temperature.
We will continue to safely deliver the experiences you love, how you like them, with genuine and authentic service, delivered from the heart.